1. What’s your name and title, what do you do day-to-day in 20 words or fewer?
Seth Broman, CRO of Yardline.
Providing funding to ecommerce businesses to help them live the entrepreneurial dream.
2. At Yardline you offer a wide range of fast funding solutions. Can you give us a success story for a D2C brand you’ve worked with? E.g. what was the problem? What did you do? What were the results?
Yardline offers a wide range of funding solutions that help ecommerce businesses grow and scale.
One successful ecommerce home décor brand partnered with Yardline to secure financing for inventory purchasing.
In the three months after the initial funding they achieved the following:
● Average monthly sales increased by 35% versus a 17% T6M average
● Sales exceeded the forecasted pace by 26%
● Two new products launched at price points 26% lower than the previous weighted average
● Secured an additional $100K in Yardline funding for further growth
3. You specialise in personalised eCommerce funding solutions – what piece of advice would you give to DTC brands who want to improve in this area?
Every big brand got to where they are by leveraging their momentum and most likely they either sold a part of their business or borrowed money to ride that wave.
4. What do you think the biggest challenges facing eCommerce/D2C businesses will be over the next 12-18 months?
Tackling omnichannel expansion and prioritizing what channels are worthy of investment.
New marketplaces are constantly launching (TikTok Shop etc.) and brands will need to be tactical with where they are spending their time and money.
5. Complete this sentence – DTC brands that survive and thrive in 2023 will …
Pay close attention to emerging markets and marketplaces and be nimble in their ability to shift focus to where they are seeing the highest returns.
6. Name three D2C brands that are killing it and whom you recommend others to emulate/learn from.
Our sister company Charm.io offers insights into brands that are ‘killing it’. Head over to identify brands in your categories that are experiencing industry-leading growth and success.