1. What’s your name and title, what do you do day-to-day in 20 words or fewer?
My name is Claudiu, I’m the founder & CEO of Videowise and I run the company.
2. At Videowise you allow merchants to deliver interactive video shopping experiences. Can you give us a success story for a D2C brand you’ve worked with? E.g. what was the problem? What did you do? What were the results?
We did a lot of A/B testing with drsquatch.com last year before Black Friday and their main problem was keeping high conversion rates as they had during the covid period.
With Videowise shoppable videos they have seen 3.2% increase in their Revenue Per Session (RPS), and for a brand that does over $300M/year that was extremely significant.
3. You specialise in end-to-end video infrastructure – what piece of advice would you give to DTC brands who want to improve in this area?
Brands should care about their site speed, any page load time more than 2s can be damaging to their conversion rates. Also, since the majority of the traffic is coming from mobile they should really care about the mobile UX of their site and landing pages.
4. What do you think the biggest challenges facing eCommerce/D2C businesses will be over the next 12-18 months?
Every brand now has so much tech stack installed on their store that can really slow down the site and make it almost impossible to learn all those apps.
Brands would need to learn to simplify their stack and only keep what truly works.
5. Complete this sentence – DTC brands that survive and thrive in 2023 will …
Do not rely just on social media ads to grow. They need to be mindful of all aspects of their business and really care about profitability.