1. What’s your name and title, what do you do day-to-day in 20 words or fewer?
I’m Kirsten, the co-founder of minisocial and I spend my day chatting with brands to help them develop and execute on UGC strategies!
2. At minisocial you match brands with micro influencer creators to create user-generated content. Can you give us a success story for a D2C brand you’ve worked with. Eg what was the problem? what did you do? what were the results?
Exactly, we partner brands with micro-influencers who create fully-licensed content and share it organically with their audience as well. A success story I love is with the brand Plant People, they’ve been able to see the following results thanks to using minisocial UGC: TikTok ads performing in the top 1% of CVR, 50% decrease in costs per add-to-cart, 92% increase in organic video views 30%+ increase on ROAS!
3. You specialise in bridging the gap between brands and creators to help spread the word organically. What piece of advice would you give to DTC brands who want to improve store performance?
Marketing is really all about having all the building blocks in place, if you’re not seeing performance from organic social/creators it may be time to reevaluate your landing pages/start flow. Working with micro-influencers is just pouring gas on the fire and helps brands explode.
4. What do you think the biggest challenges facing eCommerce/D2C businesses will be over the next 12-18 months?
I think keeping up with the changing landscape on social platforms is tricky, this is part of the reason brands work with us so often to keep up on new content trends and get fresh assets in the can. Brands are seeing really great performance by running ads that feel like organic social content.
5. Complete this sentence – DTC brands that survive and thrive in 2023 will …
lean into what’s working and forget what’s not. Success looks different for every brand.
6. Name three D2C brands that are killing it and whom you recommend others to emulate/learn from.
I love Glossier, Jolie, and Topicals, they all lean into community and have seen really amazing results working with micro-influencers at scale. Brands that build with community front and centre always win.