1. What’s your name and title and what do you do day-to-day in 20 words or fewer?
I’m Neil Forrest, Senior Strategic Partner Manager EMEA. Worlds Longest title but it means I get to work with the best agencies in Europe to deliver the best value to their clients.
2. At Gorgias you help leading brands to answer their customers questions. Can you give us a success story for a D2C brand you’ve worked with. Eg what was the problem? what did you do? what were the results?
We work with over 11,000 customers and there are so many metrics we help improve. Two of the key metrics that directly improve efficiency (being more efficient means less headcount required for the same volume of enquiries) for teams and the overall customer experience are first response time and resolution time. You can read more about it here.
The challenge: Delivering exceptional customer service across multiple channels, with limited data.
The solution: Personalised, streamlined customer support via a centralised platform fully integrated with Shopify.
The results: 61% faster first response time, 69% faster resolution time.
3. You specialise in customer service – what piece of advice would you give to DTC brands who want to improve customer satisfaction?
Put yourself in the customers shoes and build from there. Automate where possible to make your life easier and the customer’s experience better.
4. What do you think the biggest challenges facing eCommerce/D2C businesses will be over the next 12-18 months?
Margins being squeezed – we’re already seeing many big-name brands discounting heavily and running sales for longer to shift stock. General growth is expected to slow, with some e-commerce bodies like IMRG predicting 5-0% growth. I’m more optimistic than this and I think the initial panic of recession from consumers is showing signs of abating.
5. Complete this sentence – DTC brands that survive and thrive in 2023 will …
keep their customers happy and nurture them at all costs.